Welcome to the blogspot!!!!!


Thursday, May 13, 2010

Today's little walk through the town


This morning we went into town for the fun of it, it's only about 5 minutes walk away. The tall building in the picture to the right is the town hall, my daughter calls it the "big statue".
I still don't quite know my way around, but I got a map and a compass in case I'm without Paul (seriously that is how bad I am at directions!). I think I just got too accustomed to finding my way around by judging where I am in proportion to the mountains around me in Penticton.
So today when we went into the town we stopped by Paul's cousin's tattoo and piercing shop.... and before you think anything, no we are not planning on getting any tattoos or piercings. Her shop was really nice and big though and we got to meet a few of her interesting friends.
One highlight of going to her shop was the kirkyard just outside it. So after visiting her we walked out pretty much into the graveyard and I took loads of pictures of course.

Here's the archway.









The church is called the Auld Kirk of Ayr, it was the site of the Franciscan Monestary of Grey Friars founded 1472.
Paul and I both thought it was great walking through there. the kids were a bit scared due to tv shows and halloween, but when we explained to them that the place is really not scary and that it's really an interesting little historical site we were walking through they were fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment