Welcome to the blogspot!!!!!


Monday, May 3, 2010

Going Away Parties

It all started on Thursday when I went to the museum for my last day of volunteering, the saying goodbye I mean. It was great! We finished the model we were working on and I was glad to finally see the end of it, didn't think that was going to happen. At tea time everyone went across the hall into the conference room type area. Jeane set up the table with tartan table cloths and china tea cups, she found a Scotland tea cup for me. We had a really lovely cake from the Blue Icing Bakery and I got a couple little going away gifts. It was my best tea time at the museum I've ever had, just perfect for my send off to Scotland.


On Friday my parents had a BBQ for us. We weren't sure how many people were going to show up but before long the living room, kitchen and back deck were filled with almost everybody we knew.

Paul, my Mom and I worked together to find the best way to cook the haggis we bought for the party, and it turned out perfect. For many of our guests it was their first time trying haggis and most of them thought it was not too bad.... in fact, by the end of the night all the haggis was gone! We also had burgers, potato salad and most of the normal BBQ type food.

Everyone got a piece of our cake.... even our little mascot.
Paul, the kids and I got to hang out and say goodbye to everyone who came to the party. We're pretty sure everyone had a good time, because we sure did!

On Sunday we all went to church and Pastor Curtis said a special farewell and godspeed to us during the service, we really appreciated that. Afterwards at coffee time there was another cake for us.... mmmmmmm with all the cake we've been having for the past week I'm glad we sold our bathroom scale in the garage sale...... it's okay though I'll just have to start running again when we get settled.

5 comments:

  1. So sorry I couldn't come Amanda! Have a great trip! :D

    -Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a fun party. Miss you guys...........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amanda, Paul, and my little ones.
    We miss you already...thankyou so much for the postcard. It arrived today. Wow..if you sent it on the 10th...that is faster than to Alberta.
    Send us you home mailing address when you get settled...did you find a place?
    We had the sheep sheered the other day and I started to tear up thinking about how you could use the wool. Love to all of you.
    Keep intouch.
    Mike, Stephanie and Kesha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey guys!!!! We finally figured this site out! So we can now send you comments too! Yay! Sorry we couldn't make it out to your going away BBQ but I had to work :(...... Miss you guys and hope everything is going good for you over there! Mandy I think your new hair cut is so very cute and all the pictures your putting up are gorgeous, are you taking the pic's or is Paul? Anyways talk to ya soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, thanks! Things are going alright here so far. I'm taking all the pics... but obviously not the ones I'm in, Paul's taking those :)

    ReplyDelete