Welcome to the blogspot!!!!!


Monday, May 10, 2010

Arrived in Scotland

Sorry all! due to technical difficulties (mainly me accidently deleting pictures) we haven't made any posts... so anyway, we're finally here. We woke up at 3:00am on May 5th and then it was a 5 hour trip from Penticton to Vancouver Airport. When we arrived in the airport we realised that our flight was delayed for 6 hours because of the dust cloud from that volcano in Iceland. We checked in our baggage, said a teary goodbye to my parents and then we were on our way through security. Going through security was fairly uneventful, we walked around the departure lounge not really knowing what to do. Then there was an announcement for our flight saying, whoever hadn't received food vouchers should pick them up at the desk. We got $40.00 worth of food vouchers, so we stopped by Tim Hortons for icecaps and timbits and pizza hut. After walking aimlessly around overpriced merchandise at the duty-free shops it was finally time for us to board the plane. Paul knew one of the guys working on the plane, so when it came time to buy bottles of juice for us and the kids, they were his treat...thanks Andrew! However, all the juice for the kids turned out to be a nightmare for Paul. About an hour and a half after take off the kids fell asleep, but when our son woke up he started crying and screaming so loud that one of the other moms on the plane asked if we'd like to give him some of the medication she had for her baby to deal with pain in the ears. Paul sat him on his lap and all of a sudden he stopped crying. Paul looked up at me in horror and I started laughing.... poor Paul got peed on and it soaked through his jeans. It's a good thing we had shorts for him in his carry on.
Not much went wrong after that, we arrived in Scotland at 12:00pm GMT. It only took 8hours to fly to Scotland, which was great.
One of the first things we did when we got here was go shopping at Tesco (the local grocery store). we also went to ASDA which is an affiliate of Wal-Mart and I bought a pineapple for only £1 :)


A couple days later I went shopping at primark and bought some pretty cool shirts for the kids at only £1 and £2 each. I bought myself 5 pairs of socks for £2 and a couple of shirts . One of my shirts that I bought from primark for £5 has this really neat little design with a red phone booth and old fashioned cars... I just couldn't put it down. I went to some other shops and bought a pair of jeans for £10 wahooo I haven't owned jeans in forever!


This is me wearing the new clothes, hehe!
So now I'll touch on a bit of today's fashions in Britain. Light washed out coloured jean jackets and vests with buttons styled to look like navy uniform buttons, worn with navy blue and white stripes and jeans or tights (depending on how long the shirt is.
Flowers are really in, roses on shirts, dresses, umbrella's (I got one btw, the first umbrella I've ever really owned) and even sunglasses as you'll see in my daughter's picture below.



We went for a walk down the river ayr yesterday and we saw a couple blue heron's, a red fox,


and a swan nest with eggs. The kids enjoyed the walk as well as Paul and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment