Welcome to the blogspot!!!!!


Monday, May 17, 2010

The Yorkie Bar

Many of you may be familiar with the British chocolate bar, The Yorkie Bar. I had seen them before but I don't think I actually tried it. When these chocolate bars were first made, they were marketed towards men. The chocolate is very chunky and the pieces are rather large, but that's not why I'm writing a post on my blog about it.
Maybe my picture will show what makes this chocolate bar so unique....



That's right! The package says "It's Not For Girls" and there's a big international symbol for no girls in the "O" of "Yorkie". So I picked up this yorkie bar in the shop and I got it for myself and I said to the boy over the counter, "Not for girls? Ha, watch me!" (it kind of went like that). Anyway, I made that boy over the counter actually crack a smile (he looked so miserable standing there behind the counter, it's a wonder his smiling muscles actually worked), he probably thought I was off my rocker... but that's not the point! I was breaking the rules, I was living dangerously, I was going to eat a yorkie bar even though the label told me that I wasn't allowed.


Here's a picture of me eating it... yes, eating it! ooooh I'm such a rule breaker.

2 comments:

  1. OMG Mandy that is sooooo funny. That's great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just ate a Yorkie. They sell them at Walmart now. Packaging is not the same. Doesn't say not for girls anymore.

    ReplyDelete