Welcome to the blogspot!!!!!


Saturday, May 29, 2010

Back Again

After a week of the entire family being sick with the flu, we're back to the land of the living and enjoying the May long weekend here in Scotland.

Paul was barely even sick and continued to eat the finest of "Scottish" cuisine (a chicken king kebab). Trust me, the smell didn't help my queasy stomach.

Today we started our day off at the antique fair. There was everything from jewelery to every kind of war memorabelia you can think of. Paul was intrigued by the antique muskets, knives and carriage lamps believe it or not. I got myself a couple of brooches, a compass and a hat. The compass and the hat were actually quite new but I really like them.

Here's the broaches I got. The one with the feathers and deer hair has mizpah stamped on the back, that means it's a collectors item.

After the antique fair we followed the sound of bagpipes over to the park in the rain.

We passed by a canon from Cromwell's citadel so I decided to model my new hat in front of it. I also enjoyed finally making use of my umbrella.....

Paul enjoyed making use of the umbrella as well.

As we approached the bagpipers we heard them playing Mairi's Wedding, but when we got closer they stopped and Paul thought they were done. I joked to Paul that they should start playing Highland Cathedral now..... and as soon as I said that they started!!!! (oh ya, who called it? I did! yes I did!) Okay so maybe it's a "you had to be there" moment but I thought it was funny. The pipe band turned out to be an all boys band from Troon, it was obvious that they were just learning but it was good.... and the tenor drummers weren't too bad either.

The court house in the background was a jail at one point in time. The kids like this area because there's a lot of statues around to look at.

While in the park we met a couple of very interesting characters....

Ta ta for now!

2 comments:

  1. Ah Amanda! look out for the cannon!
    :D
    Yay~ I love that little hat! It's so cute~

    -thanks for commenting! I'm so glad my scarf is finished ~ haha

    -Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had a fun day. Glad everyone is feeling better too.
    Paul I think you need a more manly umbrella. Mandy's is just too feminine for you. :)

    ReplyDelete