Welcome to the blogspot!!!!!


Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's day

Well, we had a very busy Valentine's day today in which I was woken up by the kids running through the house shouting "Happy Valentine's Day". There was a party at the school we all went to with crafts, snacks and card giving.

At home I made a card on the computer and printed it out for Paul :) then I made everyone some delicious heart shaped chocolate chip cookies. A few days ago I made heart shaped soft pretzels but they were too much of a hassle to make again. I made a playlist of love songs to listen to throughout the day including: Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flatts, Love Like Crazy by Lee Brice, Unchained Melody by The Righteous Brothers, (Everything I do) I do it For You by Bryan Adams, From This Moment by Shania Twain etc.... Then I stuck in The Hockey Song by Stompin' Tom Conners in there too just because my son had hockey practice that same day.

Paul got off work just after the practice was finished and I made him big dinner of steak and potatoes. Afterwards he went on his bike rollers downstairs and my cousins came over with presents for the kids. They showed us their new baby goats that they just bought. The goats made so much noise but made up for it by looking cute.

Anyway, after the kids went to bed Paul and I watched the last couple parts of the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice. I think it's the best version even though it's over 5 hours long, I've spent approximately three days watching it. I'm not sure if Paul enjoys watching movies like that with me or not but I have found out that he did watch the movie version of Pride and Prejudice with Kierra Knightly in it when it was on TV a while back. He told me it didn't make any sense at all but made him laugh at the parts that made even less sense. I remember him telling me one day that he saw somebody walking down the street who looked and dressed exactly like Mr. Darcy... I wish I had seen it.

So then ends my thoughts on Valentines day. A lot of cleaning up candy wrappers and craft projects from yesterday this morning, but first I'll finish my tea. Paul gave me a really neat little contraption from Teaopia for our anniversary and I use it nearly everyday so I thought I would take a picture of it with a background of the view out our front window.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you all had a good Valentine's Day. And tomorrow is Eli's bday. Wow a busy week for you.
    We went to Theo's and had the Seafood platter for two. It was delicious and I have left overs for lunch today.

    ReplyDelete