Welcome to the blogspot!!!!!


Saturday, February 26, 2011

Cross Stitch


My cross stitch pattern is finally complete. I got the pattern from wal-mart a few months ago intending to give it away as a Christmas gift to my cousin who is a dog breeder. The only ever cross stitch pattern I had done before was a small marvin the martian that I eventually stuck onto a pillow in high school. So I thought it would be easy as anything to cross stitch a dog. I was so wrong! I realized that it is so much easier to do something that is just one solid colour (like a cartoon) rather than make something lifelike and use multiple colours to fill in fur.
Now finally it is done, three months later. I'm actually glad this is a gift because I've looked at it enough, it's beautiful but I want it out of my sight. Which is probably the reason why I like giving things away so much. If I resolved not to give any of my items away I would probably not have got to where I am in my knitting, which I enjoy much more than cross stitch.
I guess I'll just stick to knitting then.

Did I mention I'm teaching Paul how to knit :) he's done two rows!!!! Go Paul!

1 comment: