Welcome to the blogspot!!!!!


Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A post for the sake of a post

My oh my, I haven't made a post here in awhile. Not too much exciting has been happening so I haven't been taking any pictures, it's been really nice out so I'm able to hang the washing outside.... I'm sure nobody wants pictures of that. I've been slowly working away at knitting a sweater so i haven't done much with my hand spun yarn yet. I'm hoping to collect some plants for natural dyes, I read that dandelion roots make magenta, onion skins make brown or yellow and dark green nettles make green. Then again I don't know for sure if I would enjoy collecting stinging nettles. I thought it would be pretty cool to try experimenting anyway, and why not if the stuff I need is readily available from the garden or grocery store already.
So anyway, Paul has been up to quite a lot. He's been building up his fitness by playing hockey and running. He's recently signed up for a 44 mile run along the river Ayr. I think he might be starting up a blog about what he's up to with training, fitness and nutrition to show how one prepares for ultra distance racing. Hopefully we can get a video blog going for him. Go Paul! and good luck, you'll need it.

1 comment:

  1. Go Paul Go!!! Hope you do well in the race. When exactly is it?
    Can't remember where I hear of stinging nettles, was it from Harry Potter?

    ReplyDelete