Welcome to the blogspot!!!!!


Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Nice Days


Over the past couple weeks we've been getting some really great weather here. So I could say that I haven't been putting on many posts because I've been out in the sunshine(and I have) but that's not all entirely true. The reason I haven't been making too many posts these days is all up to pure laziness (I hope that's spelled right because it looks funny, but my spell check says that's the way it's spelled so I'll move on). Anyway, from now on I'll try and make a conscious effort to write and upload pictures, because pictures are the best part really.

This is our "party bucket", it is an on the go bbq that we use for our picnics. It was an amazingly nice day out so we decided to take the family out to the park and treat ourselves to some Aberdeen Sirloin steaks (I think they were sirloin...oh well they were from Aberdeen anyway) and we also had corn on the cob. It was a great meal, as you can see we have our wind guard up because it had started to get a bit windy out but that was fine. Recently I've been getting bit by all sorts of different bugs and the wind seems to keep them away.

This is a tree that was close by, the kids tried to climb it but it's much too big for them. The park was great for a picnic and we hope to go there again. However, there are no picnic tables so we would have to go at a time when it has not rained for a wee bit, and that barely ever happens here. I suppose if we are desperate, we could take bin bags with us and sit on them.......

1 comment:

  1. You are right, the pictures are the best but I do like the commentary too. You have a way with words Mandy and it is great.
    Glad you are having good weather, we are in the fall now and it has been cool and wet. Hoping for an Indian Summer.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete