Welcome to the blogspot!!!!!


Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Volunteering


Pretty soon we'll be getting internet at our place and I'll be able to upload pictures on here a lot quicker. Thus the reason why I haven't blogged in awhile, but I decided I should be fine for now.
I've been learning a lot at Culzean Castle about everything from the architect Robert Adam to little historical facts. So I decided to highlight a little bit of information about a man who lived in Dunure Castle and first aquired the lands for Culzean Castle. When Sir Thomas Kennedy wanted to gain more lands however, he used brute force by roasting the Abbot who owned the lands in his kitchen fire on a spit. He wasn't a well liked person so he was shot and killed on his horse.
that is the picture of him at the side.
So when I'm at the castle I get a sash with the Kennedy tartan to wear but for special events and Christmas I might have the chance to dress up. there a full room of dresses and wigs etc. (such an exciting little room) Oh and yesterday I got to operate the elevator there that was put in for General Eisenhower when he stayed in his suite.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are really enjoying yourself at Culzean Castle.
    We are defiantly going to have to visit the Castle when we make it out to Scotland.

    ReplyDelete