Welcome to the blogspot!!!!!


Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Indoor Adventures


Paul has been busy doing everything from stewarding at the football club, trying to get his lawn maintenance business going and sewing up his kilt. He's picked up his enthusiasm for his kilt making once more when we went for our little trip to McCallum Bagpipes and the man there got excited when Paul said he was working on a kilt. Apparently, there is a big call for new kilt makers here. It's not easy making a good kilt either. Kilts are not just your regular cut and sew project, in fact there's barely any cutting involved because it's basically a moulding of eight yards of material using nothing but a needle and thread for most of the project. So what's new? Paul went to Paisley yesterday to a kilt makers shop and got his finished pleats inspected by the owner. We're pretty sure they're impressed with his work there because they took his contact information and advised him that the school for kilt making in Keith does weekly courses and would give him some tips that could make the process quicker. So he will hopefully go up to Keith in August, camp out in the heather and go to sewing classes. He also got some more material to practice on. I expect that in a couple months Paul will have more kilts than he knows what to do with, but it's worth it if he can get jobs out of it. However, I have a feeling I'm going to have to get out my knitting needles and make some more knee high kilt socks because one pair might not be enough.


Okay, enough about Paul. What have I been up to? I know I mentioned this in another post but now I have a picture and it's all I seem to be doing when I'm in the house. Without a dryer to dry my laundry for me I've spent entire days monitoring the laundry. When I say monitoring I mean hanging the laundry on the line, running out and taking it down when it rains, hanging it over the radiators(as well as anything close by resembling a drying rack, Paul's bike anyone?) and hoping that it all dries fast enough so it won't develop that awful mildew smell. "Sorry Paul, no biking today, I'm doing the laundry".


So what do I do in the middle of monitoring laundry? I could munch on some delicious haggis flavoured crisps (which actually do taste like haggis but crispier). Honestly though, I saw these in the grocery store and just had to try them just so I could say I have tried them, and they really actually are not too bad.

I've also tried Heather Honey, it's not the kind of honey that I like putting in my tea because it tastes too much like flowers so I spread it on toast. I really don't know of any other uses for it and it seems like a shame to only use it on toast so I'll take any suggestions on what else I can use my heather honey for.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mandy
    Madeline says try it as a sweetner in baking like corn bread. We miss you guys too!!! And your pictures are everywhere around.

    ReplyDelete