Welcome to the blogspot!!!!!


Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Swimming and a bit of running

It has started! Paul and I have joined a triathlon club and we've found a loch to swim in! It's not the one I sent pictures about, it's a different one that we went to go swim in today with a group of people. Sorry I didn't bring my camera. It was very beautiful though.
So now for my thoughts on the loch..... When I stuck my feet into the squishy mud at the shore I realized that it really wasn't as cold as I was expecting. So I made my way into the water and dove in. I noticed that the water tasted differently than the lakes I was used to (and it wasn't the taste of industrial waste from the paper factory and the dump close by) it tasted like peat and soil even though the water was clear. Swimming in that loch reminded me of gardening.
When we were done we drove back and got dressed for going out on a run. We ran on a path along the shore and through a golf course... Fore!!!

Again, I'm sorry for no photos. But I promise you that I will try to take my camera the next time I go running. Maybe I can start a running photography group like in the movie Yes Man, I watched half of it yesterday and it's kind of dissapointing after reading the book. I like the idea though, not yes to absolutely everything but yes to more, yes to opportunity, good opportunities.... what was I writing about again?

1 comment:

  1. Swimming already in Scotland. I haven't been in Okanagan Lake yet, although that usually isn't until the end of July that I make it in. Brenda Lake was really cold this week, but the fishing was good.

    ReplyDelete