Welcome to the blogspot!!!!!


Saturday, June 12, 2010

A little bit of Canada in a little bit of Scotland

All this painting has been really taking it out of us lately. During all of our painting I was wondering, if I were in Canada doing all this work I'd have a timmy's coffee and some timbits or doughnuts.
So anyway, we've had to take a few days off the painting due to Paul getting his teeth done at the dentist. On his first visit he got eight fillings and a tooth extraction. During his second visit I toured the town and came upon Paul's cousins tattoo shop where I was told a rumor that there is a corner shop called Spar had a Tim Hortons coffee machine. I also remembered that Paul's brother mentioned something about Tim Hortons coffee a few weeks ago. With all of this information, I was determined to get myself to Spar. Paul wasn't so enthusiastic when I met up with him after his dentist appointment (or maybe it was just all the freezing in his mouth that was behind his seemingly lack of enthusiasm).

Paul's second appointment was a grueling hour and a half appointment where he endured a root canal, so many fillings he didn't even know and the extraction of one of his wisdom teeth.
As you can see, his next appointments will consist of getting those front teeth (that make him look like a pirate) fixed.
The next day after a full days work of painting we drove to the Spar that has the Tim Hortons coffee machine. To my surprise, there was a Tim Hortons coffee poster on the outside of the place and as soon as we walked in there was a wall covered in Timmies stuff (it seemed to me like a glowing coffee shrine).

There were boston cream doughnuts and a coffee machine, it wasn't the usual double double because they just had milk and no coffee cream but it was Timmies.

The cups were even Timmies cups as well, with both french and english on the cup. And yes that is paint all over my hand, and the car I'm in is ours.

3 comments:

  1. Oh timmies~ It's awesome to see it way over in Scotland! hurray! Except the only thing I ever buy there is Ice-capps...

    Sounds like Paul is having a bit of a rough time though. good luck to him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you found Timmies!!! It looks like they have room for other doughnuts too. How far away is Spar from your new place?
    Looks like you had a good getaway to Loch Doon, very interesting.
    Hope Paul's dentist is a little more gentle next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. there's Spar's everywhere but the one with the Timmies is on the other side of town. Oh, and the dentist was rougher on him this time, he dealt with all the damaged nerves in the front of his mouth. It's starting to look a bit better.

    ReplyDelete