Welcome to the blogspot!!!!!


Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Breakfast and Signs


Let me explain this one for you. It's a full Scottish breakfast on my plate here and I actually didn't have it for breakfast, I had it for dinner. There I go breaking all the rules of eating again. Let me tell you exactly what is on my plate starting at twelve o'clock and going around the plate clockwise.... eggs, black pudding, fruit pudding, toast, beans, sausages, bacon and square sausages. All it's missing is the haggis, mushrooms and fried tomato... I'm not sure if pancakes would go with it all too but in Scotland the pancakes are very sugary! It was my first time trying black pudding and I quite liked it. It kind of tasted like haggis so I ate it on my toast. The fruit pudding was lovely as was everything else. So that's the fine cuisine I've been eating here, expect me to look about 100 lbs bigger in a few months.... just kidding! I've only had this once and I am not by any means going to make it a common occurrence.


So here's an interesting little billboard inspired by the world cup. I walked along the street staring at it for the longest time trying to figure out what it actually meant... I mean I know Holland's colours are orange, I get that but why are they stripping and why did they spell it burd and not bird? I didn't know birds got tans, they're all covered in feathers.... oh wait I get it now! How silly of me!
Now, lets see if you know what it means.


The Twa Dugs... and the sign has two dogs on it. Doesn't it just seem silly how they spell things phonetically here. Because twa dugs is actually how they say two dogs with the accent. I've also seen a sign that says "free hoose" and I looked and thought, what's hoose and why are they giving it away for free.... but it meant "free house" which I think means it's a pub of some sort.
More pictures of signage will be coming soon..... Paul's getting a tad embarrassed of me taking pictures of stuff like this, but who else will?

2 comments:

  1. Okay Mandy, what does the Holland sign mean? Am I reading too much into it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holland, because their strip(soccer clothing) mathces my burd's(girlfriend's) tan.
    So he's going for Holland because they wear orange, the same as his girlfrend's fake tan.
    bwahahahahhaa oh that's a good one eh!?

    ReplyDelete