Welcome to the blogspot!!!!!


Monday, March 5, 2012

Felting

Camera Roll-56

This is the camera/phone case I felted the other day while waiting on a carpenter to arrive here.

I started out by laying out washed and carded wool on both sides of a corrugated cardboard relief. I then wetted it down with a mixture of handsoap and hot water. I rubbed pressed lightly down on the wool, then started to rub in gentle circles. When the wool felt like it was coming together, i started to increase the pressure on the wool. Then I flipped it over and did the same on the other side paying attention to the edges.

Camera Roll-49

I used a couple pieces of bubble wrap for either side then rolled in a towel. This was rolled back and forth for a few minutes changing the position of the piece periodically which is necessary to shrink or "full" the fabric.

I then dyed the fabric after in a red chemical dye bath for wool.

The trim is made out of yarn I spun chunky and dyed with walnut husks that I felted then braided together for the sides. These were sewn on.

No comments:

Post a Comment