Welcome to the blogspot!!!!!


Saturday, March 30, 2013

Easter Baking

                                       
I know, I know, I haven't posted on here since last year, and I've learned a lot over the past year that I just want to share :) I learned the art of cake decorating! Before I would have thought it was impossible but I did it, and anyone can! It's pretty simple once you get it right. I made my buttercream icing from 1 cup of butter, 3 1/2 cups of icing sugar, 1 tbsp vanilla, and 4 tbsp of milk! it tastes super creamy. I also made my cake mix from scratch using a recipe from my cake pop book but instead of using the cake pop maker, I made cupcakes and stuck them in the oven at 350 for 20 mins.        
These cookies I made using a generic sugar cookie recipe from one of my recipe books. Then I made marshmallow fondant from a recipe online, just google it! The ingredients are marshmallows and icing sugar. It works amazing and tastes so good but it is really sticky to work with so make sure you powder your board with lots of icing sugar to roll it out. Also, rub with a bit of canola oil before storing in a ziplock bag.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are posting again. Great job on the Easter treats.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete