Welcome to the blogspot!!!!!


Thursday, August 12, 2010

Spiders and Tea

So I was very innocently knitting in my bedroom when I saw a big black dot on my wall through the mirrored doors of my closet. I turned around and it was a big ugly hairy spider, I swear that it looked like a baby tarantula how hairy it was! Now, I don't know what it is about me and spiders but if they are outside they are fine but if they're inside...... I freak out and there's nothing I can do about it. I'd say that today I had an extreme case of arachnophobia. It's really something about their eight legs and the way that they move them. I just can't stand to look at them crawling. If it were a six legged insect, I would have just stood up on the bed , reached up and squished it, or let it free out the window. I also hate how spiders like to lurk in places where it's really hard to reach them, like they want to fall on you as you're trying to kill them. So I honestly stood there for half an hour shaking with goosebumps all over me equipped with my running shoe, tissue and sandals for my feet in case it took a dive for the ground and set off on a run. I was watching it crawl around on the crown moulding and when it got too close to where I didn't want it to go I made a noise with the door and it stopped. I started talking to the spider and (I admit) myself... saying things like, "okay it's only a spider, I'm much bigger than it, there should be no problem killing it", and to my amusement I said "I kill you!" a few times to the spider (I think I intimidated it by saying that.....). It had stopped moving for quite some time when out of the corner of my eye, another spider the same size crawls across the front of my dresser drawer! So I reach out and give it a quick wack with my shoe and killed it instantly (I'm accustomed to the ones that pop back up again after you squish them and keep running but this one didn't) so I regained my courage by the first kill and focussed on my original target. It must have seen the other one because it started down the wall. I lunged forward and splat! The dead ones don't scare me as much so that's about it. I had a tea after to calm me down a little though.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Mandy, that is too funny. I like your account of the whole spider problem. I'm glad you got the courage up to 'splat' both spiders!!! Good for you. Where was Paul and the kids???

    ReplyDelete