Welcome to the blogspot!!!!!


Sunday, August 15, 2010

Paul's away and a walk to the beach

Today Paul set off on his week long adventure to the Keith Kilt Making School. Hopefully he likes it there, they teach traditional kilt making there but some of the local's he has talked to have said that they've recently been teaching stitching methods on the sewing machine which Paul is not too happy about. I guess he will see if there is any truth in these rumors and if there is, I do not think Paul will be staying there too long. The reason why is because he believes that a true traditional kilt should be sewn by hand if it has any merit as being called "traditional", which is what he's going up there to learn and what was advertised to him when he signed up. I personally don't think he should have any troubles with the place, it should be a good experience for him. He is camping the whole time out there and preparing most of his own meals (we shall see about that).


Anyway, with Paul gone it has become a little boring around the house. The kids and I decided to take a nice stroll down to the beach and the park. It was a beautiful sunny day out and very hot. By the time we got down to the park we realized that the sunny day had brought with it all the families from Glasgow and beyond! I've never seen a park so busy! There were long line ups to the slides and very few things for the kids to go on without another kid waiting to go on it as well. So we left the park with very few tears, they were so well behaved! Then we ventured on down to the beach for a bit of a dip to cool off our feet. However, this ended up as a full on battle of "who could get the other the wettest" and "let's go splash mommy". It was great fun! We eventually left the beach, with tears and scrambles through the sand just for an excuse to go back into the water to clean the sand off. I put a stop to that by getting them to rub the sand off in the grass and deal with whatever else remained. We got some icecream with a flake and that was about it for the excitement.... except for me seeing another funny sign and giggling to myself..... I love the english language sometimes.

Oh yes, I can just imagine myself finding a fly in the middle of the night and tipping it over as it slept...... all of this getting caught on CCTV.... I didn't know those cameras were that good, if they can take a good enough image to witness a fly getting tipped over. Where is the world coming to... my oh my!

1 comment: